Answer the following questions as truthfully as you can.
The aim of a detox programme are to reduce the workload of the digestive system, allowing it to perform more efficiently, and to stimulate the parts of your body that are responsible for cleansing and elimination.
The food detox programme improves the digestive system and immunity, increases the actions of the liver and kidneys, the main organ of detoxification.
However to get the most out of detoxing you need to look after your mind as well as your body. Well being depends on maintaining a balance between your emotional, mental, spiritual and physical health, and if this balance is upset it disrupts your body’s harmony and leads to ill health.
Assess your toxic load
1) Do you feel tired when you wake up in the morning even though you have had enough sleep?
2 ) Do you drink more than 3 cups of coffees, tea or caffeinated fizzy drinks such as cola day?
3) Do you suffer from skin rashes, spot around the mouth or eczema?
4) Do you suffer from bloating after meals?
5) Do you have an alcoholic drink most days?
6) Do you smoke or libe with smokers?
7) Do you live or work in a city?
8) Do you rarely eat fresh fruit or vegetables?
9) Do you eat read meat more than twice a week?
10) Do you eat fried food and junk foods?
11) Do you suffer from constant colds, hay fever or allergies?
12. Do you have mood swings?
13) Do you crave certain foods such as sweets and bread?
14) Do you skip meals, especially breakfast?
15) Do you put weight easily?
16) Do you find difficult co concentrate?
17) Do you often have irregular bowel movement ( constipation or diarrhoea)?
18) Do your joint or muscle sometimes ache?
19) Do you feel tired and lethargic most of the time?
20) Do you suffer from fungal infections such as thrush, athlete’s foot or ringworm?