Benefits of Manual lymphatic drainage(MLD)
Lymphatic massage is an advanced therapy. This massage treatment is fully tailored to each individuals needs. Before you start your treatment your therapist will carry out a full consultation ( check Blood pressure, heart rate, Saturation of Oxygen in the cells, medication, allergies or any other relevant information) with you to find out where your areas of concern are and if there is any restriction to any part of the treatment. You will be massaged from head to toe and each area of concern that you mentioned will have special attention focused on it.
Alkaline water pH-9 is provided before and after MLD.
Furthermore, the clients are encouraged to increase the fluid intake (water or water with lemon) . The best way to support a healthy lymphatic system is by drinking plenty of water and engaging in gentle exercise, which will flush out toxins.
Manual lymphatic drainage can be use for many different conditions, and benefits healthy people as much as benefits people with serious illness.
- Toxins such as microorganisms, metabolic waste and chemical are removed from the tissue
- Proteins are removed from the tissue and returned to the blood circulation, preventing protein buildup in the tissue, which leads to chronic inflammation
- Speeding the healing inflammation and reducing infection through an increased lymph flow that helps to distribute immune cells throughout the body
- Relaxing, nurturing and supporting , it helps to decrease stress, depression, insomnia, fatigue.
- Reduce constipation and abdominal pain
- Restore intestinal peristalsis, improves the motility of abdominal organs and improves breathing
- Very effective in reducing oedema and relaxing soft tissues including muscle pain. Oedema can be caused by inactivity, hormonal changes, diet or scar tissue. Scar tissue can result from injuries, surgery, radiation or infections, also can be sometimes a side effect of medical treatment, such as treatment with steroids, or can be a symptoms of more serious conditions and a doctor must be consult before receiving MLD
- Surgery . MLD can be used before and after surgery, including cosmetic surgery, to speed healing and reduce oedema, Also, being deeply relaxing can lessen the client’s stress and anxiety. After surgery, MLD can help to reduce inflammation, speed healing and reduce scar tissue. However due to risk of infection and the risk of blood clots, MLD should never be performed after surgery without the approval and possibly the direction of the client’s surgeon
- Speeds healing, reduce swelling and pain – soft tissue injury
- Sluggish Immune system. Frequent colds and allergies are indication for MLD
- Relieving stress and tension. Adrenaline are secreted into the blood stream, causing muscle tension, heart and respiratory rate increases, as fight of flight response. In the long run, chronic stress can contribute to degenerative disease. During the MLD muscles relax, heart and breathing rates decrease, moving into relaxation that promotes healing and balances
- Fatigue, Mild Depression
- Anti ageing treatment. The massage remove wastes and toxins from skin cells and stimulates circulation, bringing nutrients to the skin and damage resulting from exposure to cold and sun, improves appearance and texture, reducing fibrosis. MLD is an important part of the skin care. MLD helps such condition as acne, rosacea, and eczema, however MLD should be avoided during the acute phase of any skin condition. Lymphatic drainage is a very successful beauty treatment, rejuvenate collagen fibers and slow the aging process
- Detoxification treatment
- Body mind therapies because is gentle and deeply relaxing
- Remedying cellulite– enhance the body circulation , improve nutrition, increase metabolism
Contraindications of Manual lymphatic drainage
- Thromobosis and phlebitis
- Serious illness such as : active cancer, however when a client is in remission and no longer being treated for cancer MLD is generally considered safe
- Acute conditions and infectious conditions, fever, contagious skin conditions, infected , open, discharging fluid, or inflamed ( red, hot, swollen or painful)
- During asthma attack
- During allergies reaction
- Low blood pressure
SCHEDULE A FREE LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE MASSAGE CONSULTATION
For further details on any of the above please call Madelena on 07947887043 to discuss.